Friday, January 9, 2015

Mornings - So Called Because You Mourn The Sleep That Didn't Happen

       When my almost one year old woke at five I fought it. When he was still up at six I embraced it and took a bath. He didn't even get his sleeves wet despite playing in the water. I have a child who listens and obeys as well as the dog we used to have!! 
       Don't worry, I don't have a swelled head- I didn't train the dog and I suspect the little boy just has a sweet obedient disposition (I'm sure he'll be normal by the time he's two ). 
And naturally when he acted sleepy around 7:30 I embraced once again and put my wet hair in a towel and rocked us to sleep in the recliner ( the blue one I bought for $40 at DI eight years ago and am still reveling about).
 And that is why Paddy's not at work today. 
......Oh wait, I mean "So I'm sorry if it was you I thought I heard at the door at 8:30. I'm sure I wouldn't have ignored you if I hadn't been doubling as a pillow top for the still sleeping boy. I would not have treated the Pope any differently , if that makes you feel any better. "

No comments:

Post a Comment