Monday, January 12, 2015

Since it's almost my birthday- Let's Talk Presents!

God is good. He reminds me all the time.
Like when I asked for a man to marry who could be straight forward and handle directness. I think He may have laughed a little at that one. :)
One time I read an article about fitness - don't gasp, I just read it! It didn't say 'running' in the title so I felt safe. ;) It touted the benefits of having two pair of shoes for exercise. I thought about my current walking shoes and thought aloud "That would be nice to have two pair of good white leather walking shoes!" My last pair of cross-trainers that I loved had been $50 on sale and I was feeling my tight-waddery......clutch-fistedist.........cheap self raising it's head. My husband would laugh if I told him I was stressing over spending on new exercise shoes, he would just buy them for me after he talked the sales lady down 25% more. But I went about life as usual and a few weeks later I was going to St George (aka "town " at our house- think John Wayne - "Hitch up the buggy, she wants to go to town!") and had a box of stuff for DI. I asked my husband to drop it off at the Cedar location which he thought strange but when I went into the store to look around ( you have to look around! There might be a match to the brushed stainless lamp you got there two weeks ago!!) and walked straight to the shoe section and they were there waiting for me. Two brand new pair of white leather walking shoes in my size. Thank you!!
   He always gives good gifts, He answers my questions, He sends great friends my way and he gives me experiences that change my life. When I was struggling with pregnancy and children He sent me a dream to remind me that I needed to ask more and be specific - especially about what it is I needed and then allow Him to provide in His way and time. Sometimes I wanted something in life to change and He whispered 'patience' to me and I later learned He was putting it all together for me- better than I imagined. A listening ear, a friend, a ride out of Vegas on a crazy weekend, a rainbow or just rain. The right words don't always come out when I open my mouth and I've said some cringe-worthy things in my life, but when I pray for the right words to help a mourning friend and wise things come out, you can know that was surely not me ! In so many ways I'm grateful, for a God who doesn't have  unfairness in Him but still makes me feel like I'm His favorite. And so are you! Be specific when you ask and you'll see His hand in all things. Remember that when you give thanks it allows him to bless you more.

2 comments:

  1. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete